Models must be entered using the official entry form which can be downloaded from here
Please note the following entry conditions: Continue reading
Here are our judging guidelines:
- “Speed Judging” rules apply.
- No reference material or instruction sheets are required and are not to be left with the entries. Sydney Scale Model Show Inc and individual volunteers take no responsibility for any such material left with entered models.
- Models are judged on construction, finish and realism. For example, glue stains, silvering on decals, appropriateness of weathering etc are all taken into account by the judges.
- Judges are allowed to pick up and examine the models. If your model requires special handling please notify the staff when registering and complete the relevant section on the entry form. Please also notify staff if the model is not attached to the base.
- “Luft 46”-type aircraft and vehicles are to be entered into the Fictional Vehicles / Craft category unless the model is of actual prototype vehicle.
- “What-if” aircraft and vehicles are to be entered into the Fictional Vehicles / Craft category unless an actual item was displayed as such.
- Bases are not judged as part of the model except in the vignette & diorama categories.
Every model competition needs a few categories in order to display (and judge!) like with like. Here’s ours: Continue reading